June 07, 2006
Deadline for submissions is noon on Friday. Fax them to 324-2351 or email to email@example.com.
• The Amagansett Free Library will screen the film Trouble in Paradise: The Affordable Housing Crisis on the South Fork from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Call 267-3810 for more information.
• Jesse H. Ausubel will deliver a lecture on "Counting All the Fish in the Sea" at 5 p.m. as part of The Nature Conservancy's summer speaker series, which takes place at the Center for Conservation, 142 Route 114, East Hampton. Call 329-7689 for reservations.
• A basic computer class for adults will be held from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Amagansett Free Library. There is a $5 fee and space is limited. Call 267-3810 to register.
• The third annual Montauk Harbor Festival will be held from 12 to 6 p.m. on the sidewalks of the harbor on West Lake Drive. Contests, live music, raffles, delicious food and more. Call the Chamber of Commerce at 668-2428 for more information.
• The Ross School's Community Program is sponsoring a golf clinic with teaching professional Leslie Andrews from 1 to 4 p.m. at Montauk Downs. Limited to five participants; the cost is $150 and equipment will be provided, if needed. Call 907-5376 to reserve.
• Author Patricia Gussin will discuss her book Shadow of Death at 2 p.m. at the Amagansett Free Library. Call 267-3810 for more information.
• Surf lessons sponsored by The Ross School's Community Program will be given on Tuesdays and Thursdays through June 29. The class, which is limited to five participants, will meet at the end of Beach Lane in Wainscott; the cost is $300. Call 907-5376 to reserve a spot.
• The East Hampton Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring a Chamber mixer from 5 to 7 p.m. at Estia Catina, 177 Main St., Amagansett. Cash bar and fun raffle; call 324-0362.
• The East Hampton Town Board is scheduled to have its Brown Bag meeting in the Emergency Services Building at 10 a.m.
• Concepts in elder law planning will be addressed at a seminar at the Amagansett Free Library at 2 p.m. Call 267-3810 for more information.
• There will be a workshop on a holistic approach to balancing hormones with Dr. Neil P. Donohue, D.C. at the Hampton Bays Library from 7:15 to 8:30 p.m. Seating is limited; call 723-0613 to register.
• Olaf K. Ribeiro, a plant pathologist, will give a talk about mulches, composts and other soil additives at the next meeting of The Horticultural Alliance of the Hamptons, at 7:30 p.m. in the main auditorium of the Bridgehampton Community House. There is a $10 suggested donation for non-members; call 537-2223 for more information.
• The Town of Southampton Youth Bureau invites all middle school students in grades six through 8 to a dance from 6:30 to 9 p.m. at the Red Creek Park Activity Center in Hampton Bays. Transportation, admission, food and refreshments are free; call 287-5734, ext. 390.
• The Southampton Town Board has a work session scheduled for 10 a.m. in the Town Board Meeting Room in Southampton Town Hall.
• The Unitarian Universalist Congregation is sponsoring a film series called "The Human Face of Immigration." The first film, A Day Without A Mexican, will be shown at 7 p.m. at the Unitarian Universalist Meetinghouse, 977 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor. For more information call 537-0132.
• Take a "Two for One" trek with the Southampton Trails Preservation Society from 9 to 11:30 a.m. First, hike the Tuckahoe Swamp then walk down the Nature Conservancy's Big Woods Trail. Meet on Millstone Brook Road, opposite Millstone Lane, Southampton; call Tony Garro at 725-5681 for more information.
• The Southampton Trails Preservation Society will have its monthly work party this Saturday. Call Ken Kindler at 563-4354 for more information about the time and place.
• The Sag Harbor Columbiettes will have an indoor yard sale at the St. Andrew's Parish Hall in Sag Harbor from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• The fiction book club at The Quogue Library will discuss The Piano Tuner by Daniel Mason at noon. Registration is required; call 653-4224.
• Meet at the Trout Pond parking lot on Noyac Road (across from Mill Road) for a moderately paced four-mile hike around historic Trout Pond and Clam Island. Call Ken Bieger at 283-5432 for more information.
• Sunday is a "Fun Day" at the Parrish Art Museum. Starting at 2 p.m. there will be a family tour and art workshops for families. Free for members, $5 for non-members. No advance registration is required. Call 283-2118 for more information.
• The Lioness Club of the Hamptons will hold its Arts, Crafts, and Antiques show from 10 a.m. to
4 p.m. The raindate is Sunday. Free.
• The Small Standard Petite Flower Show and Plant Sale presented by The Olde Towne Garden Club will be held at Rogers Memorial Library from noon to 4 p.m. Admission is free; call 287-7715 for more information.
• The Southampton Town Board will meet for its regular town board meeting from 1 to 7 p.m. in the Town Board Meeting Room at Town Hall.
• The Southampton Artists Association will host two figure drawing workshops at the Southampton Veterans Hall at 2 Pond Lane on Tuesday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 7 to 9:30 p.m. Model fee is $5, all levels are welcome and refreshments will be served. Call 283-8613.
• The Riverhead Chamber of Commerce will hold its monthly networking breakfast meeting at Martha Clara Vineyards, starting at 7:30 p.m. The cost is $20 per person; RSVP to the chamber at 727-7600.
• The Greenport Village Board of Trustees will meet at 7 p.m. at the firehouse.
• The Peconic Community Council will hold its 23rd Annual Breakfast Conference from 8:30 to 11:45 a.m. at the Polish Hall in Riverhead. The focus of the conference will be "Immigration: Coming Together to Meet the Needs of the East End." The cost is $45 for members, $50 for nonmembers; call 727-6831 to reserve.
• A wine tasting will be accompanied by piano recitals from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Castello di Borghese Vineyard & Winery in Cutchogue. The Frank & Camille pianos will be on display in the main gallery Friday through Sunday. Call 734-5111 for more information.
• The Custer Institute and Observatory, at Main Bayview Rd, Southold, will hold its annual BBQ Fundraiser from 6 to 8 p.m. $10 for non-members, $5 for children 13 and under.
• There will be an hour of finding, observing, and learning about seashells and shell animals at Orient Beach State Park at 10 a.m.
• The Peconic Bay Power Squadron will offer a boat smart course for all ages on Mondays through July 10 (excluding July 3) from 6:45 to 8:45 p.m. at the Mattituck Laurel Library. Call the library at 298-4134 for more information.